Business Development Manager
The Business Development Manager will be primarily focused on generating and maintaining a strong pipeline to achieve annual sales targets. This will involve constant interaction with prospects, clients and internal staff to achieve a positive outcome for all parties. The role will be primarily selling directly to organisations operating in markets such as Banking, Alternative Finance, Lending, Insurance and eCommerce. This is a hybrid new business and account growth role.
Essential Job Functions:
- To achieve the sales targets as set out by the company
- To meet the minimum standards of performance (MSOP’s) as set out by the company
- To positively represent the relationship or partnership between the company and their prospects and clients
- To accurately forecast sales performance
- To update and maintain all reporting functions, including CRM on a regular basis.
- To prospect potential clients from cold and nurture them until ready to buy
- To then manage these clients to ensure our product and service meets expectations and up-sell and cross-sell relevant services
Essential Job Requirements
The Sales executive will be working in a fast-paced and often remote environment that will require a candidate who is self-motivated and prove an ability to perform independently. The ideal candidate must prove a history of exceptional sale performance and a thorough understanding of how to effectively manage the sales process.
A Degree or comparable business experience
5+ years in a Sales or Commercial role and at least 3 of those years selling technology solutions, ideally in the risk sector.
- Build and manage a relevant prospect universe
- Ability to regularly cold prospect across multiple channels including telephone, email and social media
- Strong face to face communication skills
- Solution led approach and technical sales skills
- Ability to write a proposal or tender response to a high level of quality
- Ability to lead an internal bid team
- Must be able to lead a C-level discussion with prospects and clients
- Contract negotiation skills
Knowledge of our key markets, experience of selling complex technology and data solutions in the risk space, knowledge of fraud and/or compliance pressures.